Pages

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

High School Woes

I've never really had a problem with my weight, and I have always been very thankful for that (I owe it to my mom's side of the family... Thank you!).

In high school I weighed a measly 110 lbs.
In college I gained my Freshman 15.
After graduating, I gained another 5 lbs and then stabilized.

Not too shabby, eh? Especially since I have always been too lazy to work-out (though to my credit, I have tried to start up the stationary bike recently). Remember that commercial? The annoying one that says "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Well, try not to hate me for not needing to worry about my weight.**

Having said that, I know I'm never going to weigh the same as I did in high school, and who knows what it's going to be like after having kids. However, given the fact that the most I'll ever weigh is when I'm super-pregnant and the least I've ever weighed was in high school, I was surprised to learn this morning that my high school clothes might very well be the only clothes in my wardrobe that I will be able to wear throughout my entire pregnancy!

Woohoo! Let's hear it for the grunge era!

In recent weeks I've learned that there is a definite difference between a "fat day" and "pregnant day". I've had days where I just look at my growing tummy and think "Could I be any less attractive?" Yet, I've also had days where I look at my growing tummy and think "I've never felt so sexy!"

What I find to be particularly strange is that when I put my baggy high school clothes on this morning, today instantly became a "fat day". I blame it on the memories I have of hating high school because when I wear these clothes I have the same self-esteem as I did back then (or lack thereof). It really makes me wonder why I kept them.


** Disclaimer - It all evens itself out in the wash. I may never have had to worry about my weight, but I have also never been blessed with a nice complexion or long thick hair. =)

No comments: