Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's not the quantity that counts...

but the quality that counts. And in case you didn't know, that applies to weight gain too!

Things I learned this week:

1. I (and I'm assuming others as well) weigh a lot less in Colorado than I do in Maryland. Need a good weight loss plan? Go to Colorado! It's simple and you can eat any food you want. For the small cost of a plane ticket, you will automatically lose over 5 pounds! I kid you not. I weigh 5 pounds less here with my clothes on than I do in Maryland butt naked.

2. I have big ankles. I'd like to blame it on the pregnancy. Maybe that's where my weight gain is going! I just hope that my feet don't start to grow to keep up with the ankles. The last thing I need is bigger feet! Maybe in my next life, I can be one of those cute women with little graceful feet.

3. I have large hips. And apparently I always have. This whole time when I was thinking that I was an extremely sexy desirable woman (no comments please... lol) in my prime years, I have really just been blind. Big hips. I'm told that it's a surprise I've never noticed. I hate it when I'm the last to know these things!

4. I am gaining more weight than I need to. Apparently it's not necessary to grow in all directions when there is a baby inside you after all. This week I think I've gained 3 pounds (I'll know for sure when I get back to Maryland and see that it was really 8 pounds or something). At this point in the pregnancy, I should only be gaining a pound a week and so I believe I am now 5 or 6 pounds above average. Ugh. But please, it's the holidays. Speak up if you happen to be the one and only person who doesn't gain weight during the holidays!

5. Weight gained does not go away when you're pregnant. Usually when I gain the typical 5 pounds from eating turkey and candy, I can get rid of it pretty easy. Skipping one meal and drinking loads of water always does the trick for me. However, that seems to be illegal when you're pregnant. I can't skip a meal and believe me when I say I do not need a reason to pee more than I already do!

So I've learned a lot this week that I didn't know before. It's shown me a side of myself that I never considered. However, the most important thing I've learned is this:

6. I have great friends and much of the above just simply is not true. I met my mostest favoritest girls for dinner this week and told them about my newly learned information. They were nice enough to explain to me that most of it was wrong and that indeed I am as sexy as I always thought I was. And they know what they're talking about! These women (all 4 of them) have the sexy thing down! They know what sexy is. So woo hoo! Let's hear it for the girls!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

All I can say is don't go out and buy and really nice shoes. Both my mom and I grew half a size-full size depending on brand after pregnancy. My mom and grandma claimed your feet spread after all the extra pressure of carrying baby around. I wondered if it could also have anything to do with all the muscle relaxing signals your body sends out late in pregnancy to get ready for delivery.

For me it wasn't so much the width as it was length. A half size isn't even all that much until you try to put on less forgiving formal or stiffer leather shoes. Boo hoo! I still mourn outgrowing my favorite boots!

Niffer said...

I'm so glad you mentioned that! I decided that I will need one good set of shoes when the baby comes. You might understand this better than I since you love shoes, but I figured a good pair is necessary (I've been wearing the same cheap crappy shoes for years now). I guess I'll have to wait until after the baby to cross that one off my long TO DO list.