Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

List of games

Instead of posting something I already had written, I decided to share with you (that's you, K) the games we like to play:

1. SO BIG!! This is Ellie's latest game. We ask her "How big is Ellie?" and everyone (including her) raises their hands over their heads and says "SO big!" This is one that she initiates too. She likes to get people to say "So big" by raising her hands over her head.

2. I'M GONNA GET YOU!! This is by far Ellie's favorite game and one she initiates all the time. I chase her as she crawls across the room. Sometimes I wait longer than others to increase the suspense. This is an extreme sport for her because sometimes I tickle her, sometimes I just grab her foot, but other times I lift her by her legs and swing her around the room. SHE LOVES THIS!!!

3. BALL This was her first game and she still likes it quite a bit. We roll a ball to one another. Without fail, she gets so excited and ends up closing the gap between us, which defeats the purpose but it's funny non the less. I always ask her if Mommy can have the ball and then she throws it to me. It's also nice and low-key for Mommy because I ask her to get the ball whenever it rolls away. =)

4. Where's Bun-Bun? Since she loves her bunny, this was an instant hit. We'd walk around the house asking her where Bun Bun was and when she finally sees it, she gets all excited. We have also extended this to other objects that she sees a lot, like the pine tree outside our front door.

5. PEAK A BOO! Ellie likes it when we play peek a boo, but not like Thomas does. He'll play right back. It was cute.

6. Patty cake. Ellie will play patty cake (and by this I mean she holds her hands up for me to touch) but she likes it. Along the same lines, she'll give you a high-five.

I can't think of any others right now. What about you? Do share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the list! i have only one to add- A loves it when I pretend that one of her stuffed animals is talking to her. She laughs and trys to hug the animal. You can see why puppet shows are so popular. -k

Niffer said...

Oh! I can't believe I haven't done much of that yet! I'll start tonight! Well, actually, Ellie is already asleep so I'll start tomorrow. =)