Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Most brilliant baby EVER

My little girl is so smart! I can not believe how many things she understands! It's so easy to assume she doesn't understand us when she talks, but she has really proved us wrong!

A couple weeks ago, I asked her where the doggie was. Her response was to fuss and crawl all the way across the house to the door where we let the dog out an hour before! After doing this again, I wised up and started paying attention to the things she finds interesting and found out that she understands at least the following:

Can Mommy/Daddy have a kiss?
Where is ______?
Get _______.
Bun-Bun
Doggie
Kitty
Ball
Balloon
Train
Pine Tree

Want proof? The other day I was reading her a book and said "The bear has one balloon. Do you see the balloon?" and Ellie looked up towards the ceiling in search of this fabled balloon. God I love how much she makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Niffer said...

An update: Ellie now plays SO BIG with us. We ask her "How big is Lorielle?" and she sticks her hands up in the air and we say "SOOOO Big!" OH MY GOD!!! It is the most adorable thing ever watching her figure that one out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great ideas on games to play with A. I started the "I'm gonna get you," with her yesterday and she totally loved it. Lots of giggles. Definitely a fun age. -K