Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The big one!

Ellie went down the big slide last Saturday all by herself! And of course, Mommy did not have the camera. As much as I think I go overboard on the pictures, I still fail to get the ones I really want.

But let's focus on the good. Ellie went down the big slide all by herself! I have tried so many times to get her to do it, and she has always chickened out or insisted that I go down with her (which, by the way, is not as easy as it looks... they didn't design the slides for grown-up sized people).

The secret to how Saturday was different? Mr. Bear! We brought a teddy bear to the park and I talked to him (while Ellie stared at me like I'm crazy, of course) and Mr. Bear told me himself that he really wanted to go down the big slide.

Mommy: What's that, Mr. Bear? You want to go down the big slide? Maybe Ellie can take you. Ellie, would you like to take Mr. Bear down the big slide?

Ellie: Umm... yeah. (her new "yes")

She climbed up the jungle gym to get to the big slide, with Mr. Bear in her arms the whole time. Then at the top, she threw him down the slide. When she saw that Mommy caught Mr. Bear, and asked "Ellie's turn?" then she threw herself down the slide.

We spent quite a bit of time taking turns. Mr. Bear first. Ellie verifies he made it safely. Then Ellie's turn. It was perfect. Well, perfect except with no camera.

No comments: