Pages

Monday, February 02, 2009

Gila monster

Way out in the desert where the cactus bloom and thrive
lived a mother gila monster and her little monsters five.
"Burrow!" said the mother, "We burrow!" said the five,
so they burrowed and they dug where the cactus bloom and thrive.

This is one of the pages from Way Out in the Desert, a book that Cracker's Mom gave us once.

I love the book. I just get tired of this page. I don't know what it is about Gila Monsters, but it takes A LOT of convincing to get her to let you read ANY of the other pages in the book. Mor Monter!

In searching for the link on Amazon, I found out that it's actually written so that you can read it to the tune of "Over in the Meadow". Interesting. That would be fun to "sing" the book instead of just reading it. It's too bad I've never even heard of that song before!!! Why don't you try to put the words to a more song, oh, like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, maybe???


PS. Now is the time for all you readers to comment on how I'm an idiot and EVERYONE knows the song "Over in the Meadow".

4 comments:

Salina said...

I've never heard of the song but a little googling allowed me to learn that the song is quite adorable. http://www.songsforteaching.com/folk/clips/meadow.mp3

Niffer said...

DUH! I don't know why I don't even think about Googling something sometimes, even though it seems like the obvious thing to do other times! Thanks!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you like it! It's always been one of my favorites. You have to wonder what it is about that one page. Hmmm...

The book that drove us mad was Peek-A-Moo. I haven't read it to Olive yet. Poor second child.

Niffer said...

I have that one but I have only read it a couple times. I wonder where it went. I'll be interested to see what is Olive's favorite and how she differs from her big brother!