Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slacking at the home front

Ellie went to daycare without her Bun Bun. You heard that right. No Bun Bun AT ALL. Apparently she went almost an entire week where she never asked for her, not even for nap time. NOT EVEN FOR NAP???? I just can't fathom that!

So we've decided that we're slacking at home. New rules. She can have Bun Bun only in bed. If she wants Bun Bun then she can get into her crib for her. I'm also hoping to start leaving Bun Bun at home so that the rides to and from daycare (short ones) will begin the process of her being used to not having Bun Bun in the car. But I might be optimistic.

Maybe I should take things slow and start with the "no Bun Bun at home unless in the crib" rule. Yeah, I'll do that. I'm too scared to do more.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You totally crack me up. Reminds me of the same thing, but with the Cracker's pluggie aka pacifier. Olive is a thumb sucker. Ugh...how are ever going to impose rules and restrictions on that?

Niffer said...

Man I wish Ellie took a pacifier! We tried but she never liked them. They would be less gross than BunBun, that's for sure. Actually, things are going well. For the most part (exception of one 5 minute period where she insisted on sitting in her crib sucking Bun Bun) she has only had the bunny at night time during the last 4-5 days! WOW! Go Ellie!

Niffer said...

She does ask for the bunny, though. We tell her that Bun Bun is waiting for her in bed. She usually agrees with "Bun Bun night night".

The thumb is going to be a hard one. I was a thumb sucker and just decided one day I was a big girl and didn't need it anymore, but that day didn't happen until I was 4 or 5.