Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ellie's birthday preparation

Ellie's birthday started with bed-hair and movies (as I already posted) but then the fun really began. We spent some time using up all her Easter stickers, which ended up being a very enjoyable moment for me. Sometimes it's the simple moments that take your breath away.
Then Ellie helped us clean for her party. Daddy wondered how it ended up that he was cleaning AND entertaining BOTH girls at the same time. I told him that I'd take a picture so that he got some credit for his effort. Notice the helmet Ellie got for her birthday. You will soon see that the helmet was a big hit.
Ellie helped set up for the party, too, and then decided to make a game out of the arrangement. Too cute. I never thought I'd learn how to skadoo like Blue.

Ellie had a hard time falling asleep for her nap - I'm sure she was too excited about her party. We wanted all the decorations to happen while she slept and we were thankful that she finally did fall asleep. The last thing I wanted was for her to melt down at her own party. Anyway, here are some of the details from the party:
Ladybug cupcakes. Ellie overheard me telling Aunt Erin that she wasn't going to have a cake (but cupcakes instead) and has spent the last 2 weeks telling anyone who brought up the topic or was willing to listen, "My birfday is coming soon. I'm going to be tree, but I don't get a cake" in such a sad sad voice that you'd think I was punishing her.
Bird nests made for an adorable tasty treat.
And fruit-kabobs on pinwheels were a fun touch.
For crafts, we had the girls make hats,
and necklaces,
and purses. Perfect attire for a tea party.
And finally, the decorations... Here is the craft table we set up.
And the big table setup for a pretty tea party.
And last, but not least...
Ellie's cake! I think it turned out pretty darn cute.

I know, I am setting the standard high with this one. Michael thinks I should have waited until Ellie was older so that she would remember the party, but what's wrong with living in the moment? It just means we'll have to do another tea party when she's older.

No comments: