Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Introducing Preschool Ellie

On one hand, it's hard to fathom how 3 years have already passed since we held Ellie for the first time. On the other hand, though, it seems like Ellie has been so mature for such a long time. It's been a while now since I have felt like I had a toddler, but somewhere along the way I had defined "Toddler Ellie" to be until she turned 3 years old. Maybe she stopped being a toddler when she became a big sister? Maybe it was potty training? Maybe it was when she could reach the light switch by herself? Maybe it was the light bulb that suddenly turned on in regards to understanding how to play games? Maybe it's the fact that there is no longer any hope of me carrying her if she decides she wants to struggle?

Either way, my Ellie is no longer a toddler and she gets bigger and bigger every day. So without further ado, please welcome Preschool Ellie as we say our farewells to Toddler Ellie:

Today is her birthday and of course she wanted to watch the Care Bear Movie and could not take her eyes off even when she was saying "Cheese." Bed-hair and all, it doesn't matter. Today is her day.

And it started off great:
Mommy: Happy birthday Ellie!
Ellie: It's my birthday today?
Mommy: Yep! All day!
Ellie: I'm tree years old now?
Mommy: Yep. How do you feel?
Ellie: Good. My pee pee is yellow.
Mommy: (laughing)
Ellie: What's dat sound?
Mommy: That's Daddy going pee pee too.
Ellie: Daddy's pee pee makes bubbles! My pee pee makes little bubbles. What does your pee pee look like?
Mommy: It's yellow too.
Ellie: Just like me! I'm tree! When I get bigger, I my pee makes bubbles too.

(more to come with the crazy cute party we have planned)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lorielle!!

Absolutely can't wait to see pics from the tea party!

Jen