Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

Ellie's Art

in recent months, Ellie's artwork has taken a giant step forward. Months ago she would come home from school with drawings of our family, often tucked under a rainbow or enjoying a stroll under the warm sun.

Then out of the blue she drew a turkey - her first real animal (aside from butterflies) drawn on her own. Her drawings also started showing up with "scribbles" (aka words telling a story).

Ok, so it wasn't exactly "out of the blue" since it was Thanksgiving time. Handprint turkeys are a must-have for any parent, but I particularly like how if you look closely, you can see that this turkey has arms.

For a brief period I would find random trucks and airplanes sketched into various drawings.

Even her flowers seemed to be drawn from a different perspective. Note the "words" that tell a story.

This time I asked what the words said. Her response: It says "I love you Mommy. This is a picture of a flower with petals and you are in it."

I suppose there isn't anything spectacular about this one, but it's pretty so I wanted to share. Mommy likes it and that's all that matters, right?

A self portrait! Ellie drew all the things that make her happy - butterflies, flowers, rainbows and of course a unicorn! Apparently being able to draw a squiggly border makes her happy too.

LOOK! LOOK! It's a herd of unicorns! Of my very own! I LOVE it! How magical is that?

And finally, the biggest step of all... my Ellie has started to write letters. Actual words written with love! OH MY!!!

No comments: