Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Diamonds

For quite some time Ellie has collected rocks from her playground for Mommy. She would present each one as a gift to me, as though they were diamonds. Every time I would make a big deal out of the thoughtful gift. Really... given her limited resources, it makes sense to give me rocks. I have kept all the rocks (ok... at least 90% of them) and finally covered them with pretty colored wool. It's a never ending project, really. Just what you see in this photo (there's A LOT there) took me nearly a year to do, and I already have a handful of rocks that still need to be done because Addie has started to take up the tradition.

I love the fact that I have turned something as plain as playground rocks into something beautiful. That's what they've always been to me, beautiful. Now they just match the decor better.

I love that my Ellie "gets it" and that Addie is following in her steps. Perhaps they will always be able to bring small amounts of magic to the world, even if from just a simple reminder that even rocks can bring a smile to your face. Much like these heart rocks.

No comments: