Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tid-Bits

I love that after months of being put away into a special box, Bun Bun is still the first thing that Ellie requests when she gets sick.

I love that Addie loves being piled under all her blankets. She doesn't like being under her sheets or covers, but pile half a dozen small blankets and she looks as happy as a bug. If you can see her under all the fluff, that is.

I love that fairly often you can hear Ellie telling Addie things like "And if you can't find me, do not worry. I am always here. You are special and you are in my heart. So I am always with you." She has even managed to come up with a song or two with the same theme.

I love that Addie calls Ellie "Lora," "Loria," "Lorelle," "Lee-elle," but recently the most common version has been "Leol" with a soft ending "l" so it sounds more like "Leo."

I love how proud Ellie is to know we watch her during swim lessons. "Are you going to watch me, Mommy? Because I'm going to be so awesome! All I can do is try my very best, but you will see I am going to be so awesome!"

I love that the girls like to see each other giggle. If Daddy is doing something like bouncing the bed around Ellie, she'll giggle and insist "Do it to At-a-line!" Once he's bouncing Addie's bed, she'll say "Do it to Lee-elle!"

Ellie: I know someping that is so funny it will make you laugh all the way!

I love that Addie's ABC's go like this: A B C D E F G H I J K ELMO P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.

I think it's funny how when Daddy is out of town (and thus Ellie gets to sleep with me), Ellie will try to pretend that everything at bed time is "normal" so that Addie doesn't know. She knows that I always sing a bed time song, so she does that for Addie. Then she closes the door and says "Night night, At-a-line. Night night, Lori-elle." Hehehe... Get it? She says it instead of me. I wonder when Addie will catch on.

Perhaps the first AND only time that Ellie has ever eaten all her food AND finished BEFORE the rest of us happened last week while at Red Robin for dinner. Afterwards, she bragged about being first for quite some time - she was so proud. "When I grow up, I'm going to teach everyone how I finished first today!"

No comments: