Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Home Sweet Home (September 2000 - March 2006)

I'm kicking myself for not having digital photos of my first home, but I did manage to find a brochure that was used when we put it on the market so I was able to scan these photos. I suppose it's better than nothing, right?

Besides, this condo represents a time in my life so long ago, it probably doesn't even matter. And yet it does. I bought this place when I first moved away from home to be by myself. Home being Colorado, so I suppose this doesn't take into account the places I lived when I was attending University of Colorado.

But a lot happened while I lived in this small but pretty 2 bedroom condo with vaulted ceilings. It was the first place I decorated myself (with the help from an occasional visiting family member). As it turned out, everything was purple. This was the result of buying a purple couch because it was in stalk - the purple couch from hell. It collected cat hair like you would never believe, but I digress. Even if purple, I think the place was nice.

Here I learned how strong I can be on my own. I experienced my worst heartbreaks while living here, but it was also where I stayed up long into the night talking on the phone with my soul mate (eventually to be husband) as I debated whether or not I wanted to try another long distance relationship. Thank goodness I gave it a shot! In this little condo, Michael and I lived together for the first time. We lived here when we started taking adventures around the world together and we lived here when he proposed. We lived here when we got married.

This place may not be where our family started, and in many ways I never considered it our first HOME because it was a place I bought before Michael and I became an item. None-the-less, this condo held a meaningful place in our lives together.

It was a good first home for me, and even for us.

No comments: