Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tid-bits

I loved watching Addie be so proud of her present to Ellie. Her body language squealed with delight at how happy she made Ellie.

It was raining.  We were driving home.  The girls had their heads out the windows squealing with delight every time a raindrop hit their faces.  This is the life.

I love love love Addie's imagination. She has always had such a wonderful sense of imagination when she plays and not it's coming out in her story telling. Where Ellie just states the general details, Addie elaborates and gives emotion and conversation and even twist endings. It is so much fun to listen to her go on and on and on telling a story. When we sit around the fire pit, telling stories, she now takes more than her fair share of the story telling time.

I love that even after all this time, if Addie is having a difficult morning and breaks down when she realizes that she's not going to be able to sit and eat breakfast with her sister because Addie's class is leaving to go to their own classroom, Ellie doesn't hesitate to offer to join her just so that they can sit next to each other. Such a good sister.

ELLIE: I want to do Girl Scouts!
MOMMY: Do you even know what Girl Scouts do?
ELLIE: Of course I do. They sell cookies!

I love how songs affect Addie to the core. Intermission of Shrek the Musical followed a sad song about Shrek wishing he could be a real hero. Addie had tears streaking down her face. "Mommy, that song made me really sad. I am trying to be brave and calm down but I am really sad for Shrek!"

I love how my husband sings as though he is performing on Broadway.

New Addie-isms:
"Anything is possible! You just have to imagine-ate and it can come true!"
"Thank you Mama for the good remind-a-me. I almost forgot to do that!"

Oh, and did I mention that I love how Addie sincerely calls me "Mama?"

No comments: