Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Can we just work this out?

It's obvious that my baby misses me. If she's upset, all I need to do to calm her down is to remind her of what it was like inside me. Wrapping her up tightly and putting on a DVD with loud womb sounds is the ultimate relaxation trick*. Being in her "fourth trimester", I'm sure she wishes she was back inside.

Anyway, the point is this... I know she misses me. And I know I miss her. Can't we just work this out and find a solution so that we can both be happy? Maybe some kind of hidden trap door to my uterus?

* Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but the relaxation tricks come from "Happiest Baby on the Block". I highly recommend it. No, wait, I take that back... let me know if you're expecting, and I'll buy you a copy. No recommendations here. That would imply you have a choice in the matter.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Does baby have birthday plans for mommy?

Niffer said...

Hopefully the plan is to be a happy baby all day long. She tends to have a particularly grumpy period around 6:00 and it certainly would be nice if tonight would be one of those days where she decides to forget that part of the day.