Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

Yawn Monster

Tell me the truth... have you ever been attacked by the yawn monster? I bet you have. My little peanut hates the yawn monster. Every time she yawns, a scream of terror follows. "It got me! It was horrible! I couldn't stop inhaling and it was painful!" Think about it... then yawn... (as I know everyone must do if they even think about yawning) I bet you can now see why it would be such an unpleasant experience for someone who is new to the whole process.

I love discovering little tid-bits of "the world as seen by a baby". It's fascinating.

On a related, I was originally going to just post Today's random deep thought:

At what age does a person lose their immunity to yawning?

It's quite apparent that my yawns have no effect on my baby. We can be finishing a feeding in the middle of the night, and though Ellie should be passed out, she is wide awake. It does not matter how many times her mommy yawns... She is oblivious to the fact that it's time to sleep.

And as a cruel twist to the topic... her yawns are most definitely contagious.

No comments: