Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And the winner is...

It has begun. You know, the constant comparison of babies. At my support group, the babies have finally reached the point where things start to happen and it is nearly impossible to not compare the progress of one baby to another, as unfair as that is. Yesterday one of the mommies sent an email with a video of her little one rolling over. As exciting as that is I found myself looking up the 3 month section of our baby book to confirm that indeed, my baby is not behind just because this boy , who happens to be a day older than her, can do something she can not.

I always thought it was silly for parents to compare the successes of their children, especially little babies but I'm telling you, it's impossible NOT to. Anyway, it doesn't matter because though Ellie may be behind other kids on the grabbing for toys arena, she's ahead of the class in standing and lifting her head. So yay! It's all about finding what you're good at and excelling at it.

No comments: