Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mommy's latest worst fear

Ellie recently learned the word "Ow ow" (and the sign) for when something hurts. She learned this from when her leg was sore from her vaccines. However, she has also learned to apply it to other parts of her body that hurts. For the most part, I'm thankful for this because it gives me hope of ending the cycle of never knowing what's wrong.

There have been a few times, however, when I ask her what hurts and she points down to her diaper area. I am sure that it is because of a recent diaper rash that she had, but it still strikes a cord of terror in me when she says it hurts down there.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am terrified to let G use a men's public restroom by himself. Jason thinks I'm nuts, but OMG I do not like it one bit.

Niffer said...

That side of parenting sucks. What do you do? Just make sure the bathroom is empty before he goes in? Time how long it typically takes him and freak out if he meanders? I think that's what I would do.