Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Too much planning? I think not.

I'm sure every set of parents has this talk around this time...

Mommy: Umm, do you want another baby?
Daddy: Yes.
Mommy: Now?
Daddy: Uh, sure.
Mommy: That would put Ellie at a little less than 2.5 years.
Daddy: Eh. I don't think it matters much.
Mommy: Maybe we should wait a couple months?
Daddy: Why?
Mommy: 9 months from now is our anniversary.
Daddy: Yeah, let's wait.

So there you have it. We've had the talk, actually a couple times now, but we've finally made a decision. We're going to start trying for Baby #2 at the end of January. I know what you're thinking. We've already been told. We plan too much. But, give me some credit here! If we had a baby around our anniversary, that means we will never be able to leave on anniversary trips to Europe like we keep dreaming about, and I've always said that I need to spend more time in Tuscany.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's sweet. I don't think there can possibly be too much planning when it comes to managing a family...

Heidi said...

Congrats on your decision!

I don't think it's too much planning at all -- it's the responsible, grown-up thing to do. In fact, I think more people should plan, ya know? But then again, I am also a planner.

Niffer said...

Did you hear that? It's the responsible GROWN-UP thing to do. Niffer is a grown-up. Weird. =)

Unknown said...

blah...I don't like it one bit how about when Lorielle is 4...that seems way more reasonable. :( What am I supposed to do throw you a shower in an ugle home in NY...and no CO is not an option so I guess you better wait until 4. ( I mean PERIOD!!!!)

Niffer said...

The decision on your home being "ugly" is still up for debate. Until I see for myself, it is still a cute, quaint old house. I love it!