Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Watching our conversations

I'm sure we're nearing the point where we need to watch what we are talking about. She already picks up so many words and contributes to the conversation when she knows you're talking about her.

But the topic of balls came up. And my sister and I do not have the cleanest of minds. The three of us (Daddy, Mommy and Aunt Erin) were laughing away at our conversation and Ellie spoke up "BALL!"

I can see it now... Future conversations where we have to behave ourselves.

Aunt Erin: "blah blah blah blah... balls... he he hehe... Balls"
Mommy: "I don't know what you mean."
Aunt Erin: "You know, balls!"
Mommy: "Uh, do you mean beach balls? Or soccer balls? You'll have to elaborate."
Aunt Erin: "Oh come on! You're such an adult now."
Mommy: "Umm... yeah. I'm boring. Now what was it that I was saying? Oh yeah, so the soccer team is meeting this weekend..."

No comments: