Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

A little rough

This weekend was a little rough on us. I think it's harder on Ellie to spend the whole weekend seeing how much we need to focus on Addie, but it's harder on Addie to spend the whole weekend without us being able to focus on her. In the end, it was a little rough.

On Saturday I met a good friend of mine for lunch and Ellie wanted to come with us. I took Addie and apparently Ellie had a minor meltdown after I left. That evening I had plans to go to dinner with another friend of mine who was in town, and I decided to swap. Ellie went with me to dinner and Addie stayed home with Daddy.

Ellie was very good at dinner. She was a little shy and didn't really like my friend too much, but she ate all her food (almost NEVER happens) and was very well behaved. Once we were home again and I was walking Dan to the door, I had the following conversation with Ellie:

Mommy: I'm going to walk Dan to the door now. Do you want to give him a hug?
Ellie: No.
Mommy: Ok, I'll be right back.
Ellie: Hey, Mommy?
Mommy: Yes, Ellie?
Ellie: Mommy, dank you to bring me to dinner wif you.

Oh man, make my heart melt! She was so appreciative for me bringing her with me! And apparently my reaction to her thank you was a good one because she's told me thanks for bringing her to dinner half a dozen times since then. She really is a sweetie.

No comments: