Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh yeah, and that too

Last weekend we went to see Disney on Ice with Ellie. It ended up being a roller coaster day in terms of emotions. On one hand, she loved the show and wanted to see more. On the other hand, she was exhausted and an absolute monster that evening.

As soon as the show was over, though, she wanted to rush home to tell Daddy all about the fissles (thistles) that were casing (chasing) Tinker Bell. They made a mess and weren't very nice until Tinker Bell said "No dank you, fissles! No dank you!"

That night, though, she had her first real nightmare. She cried and cried about how she doesn't like the octopus (I'm assuming from the Little Mermaid segment of the show).

(crying the whole time)
Ellie: I don't like the octopus.
Mommy: Oh, did you have a bad dream?
Ellie: Yeah, can you get rid of it?
Mommy: It was just a dream. The next one will be better.
Ellie: I don't like the octopus.
Mommy: Where's Bun Bun? She'll keep you safe.
Ellie: I don't like the octopus.
Daddy: How about the star night light? We'll turn it on and it will keep you safe.
Ellie: I don't like the octopus.
Mommy: Do you want to turn on your night time music?
Daddy: Yeah, that will help too!
Ellie: I don't like the octopus.
Mommy: Uh...
Daddy: Uh...
Ellie: Is just pretend right?
Mommy: Oh, right! Yes, it's just pretend! I was going to say that.
Ellie: Octopus is just pretend.
Daddy: You're so smart.

** I hate it when I can't think of the right thing to say. Ellie did it for me! And to think this also would have been a perfect opportunity to remind her of her special rock under her pillow (which I did the following night). Oh well, next time I will know to start off with reminding Ellie that her night mare is not real.

No comments: