Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Cosmos

My neighbors have cosmos flowers in their yard. I LOVE them. They just seem so simple and so happy and a little bit on the wild side.
In their yard, they grow like a big bush, taller than me.
I love the pink and white colors that the flowers have - all mixed together.
They remind me of our old house in Maryland. I, too, once planted cosmos flowers in the backyard pots...
...and in our flowerbeds. Seeing them again makes me miss that house. It was our first REAL HOME. The one that Michael and I tore apart and put together JUST how we wanted it to be. We loved it. And occasionally I miss it.
And seeing the flowers in my neighbors' yard makes me realize that I have issues. Apparently, along with daffodils and cherry blossoms, cosmos flowers also make me think of Ellie because it was right after she was born that I planted my lovely cosmos flowers.
I have issues. Maybe it's not just me. Maybe every parent looks at anything beautiful and thinks "That's just like my child."
Or maybe it is just me. Regardless, this girl really IS beautiful...
...both inside and out. Even if she is just humoring me with letting me take so many photos of her.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Grammie Nix always had cosmos in the yard. They are a very pretty n hardy bloomer.