Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunflowers

Much like the spring daffodils remind me of Ellie, the late summer sunflowers make me think of Addie. All summer long I've been excited to see the fields covered in sunflowers like they were last year, but much to my great disappointment the fields remain empty. Perhaps the farmers cycle through the fields and thus don't grow the sunflowers every year? All I can see now are the wild flowers that grow on the side of the road (still pretty, but they kind of lack the BAM! feel).

As disappointed as I am that the great big fields filled of great big cheerful flowers aren't out this year (though I did drive by one the other day... way up north of here), I am very glad they were there last year. I want to be able to think of my pregnancy with Addie whenever I see the big flowers, and if that's not every year then it will be all the more special when it does happen.

But for now I have my own little sunflower to brighten my day...

6 months old

8 months old

10 months old

No comments: