Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sunflower Baby

I believe that forever more, whenever I see daffodils or cherry blossoms (both, unfortunately, are more abundant in Maryland than here in Colorado), I will think of my little girl, Ellie.

Chances are that I will think of my next baby whenever the late summer fields are scattered with sunflowers. Some of them are grown in the local farms and grow to be huge! However, the wild ones seem to be happy just about anywhere. I like them both for different reasons. I'm not sure there is anything prettier than a field of sunflowers under a bright blue Colorado sky (sadly it was raining this day). Of course, the local hot-air balloons don't hurt (this picture was taken by Grandpa, aka Bob).

Here are some pictures that Grandpa took of us a couple weeks ago... the only thing that could have made them turn out better is if it wasn't rainy and cloudy that day! lol. Make sure you click to see the larger version of the panoramic ones - they just don't have the same feel of being surrounded by flowers when you see the small version.





I can't wait for our little Sunflower Baby to arrive! Only 5.5 weeks from now!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Great pictures!

Are you ready?

Niffer said...

I think I got an entire month more pregnant over the weekend while visiting my sister... so yes I think I'm ready. 5 weeks from today! I'm hoping the baby will wait at least until October, though, so that we can still claim September for ourselves.

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures!