Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Excited for our baby

For a while now Ellie has been quite excited to become a big sister, just like Brynnie. It is actually quite touching to see how Ellie responds to the topic as a whole.

She's proud to announce "I'm a big sissa soon! Maybe 'morrow!"

She'll ask me questions like "Is baby ok today, Mommy?" or "Is baby kicking now?" and loves to feel the baby kick inside of my tummy.

She's been known to give me a hug and then decide "I na hug my baby too!" and will bend down to hug my tummy. This is often followed by "I love my baby," which just melts my heart into goo.

She likes to show people the baby's room and explain to them that the baby has really soft blankets and the teddy bear is the baby's friend.

She gets upset if you take something out of the baby's room that she knows belongs to the baby.

She reminds me that "soon our baby here and Mommy can jump on bloons!" because I explained to her that my tummy is too big to join her in her favorite activity.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start!