Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ellie and Audrey

I have been wanting to write this post for a long long time... Meet Audrey!
In all honesty, I don't really know when these two first met each other. April? March? Maybe even as early as February? I can tell you that the first picture of them together dates way back to April of 2010, but that's mainly because it took a LONG time for them to want to sit in the same place for a picture.
That's not to say that they don't like each other. Just the opposite is the case. Ellie has always loved spending time with Audrey and is a little fascinated with her and everything that she does. However, I feel like it took them a while to get comfortable with being friends with each other.
It has been a process that I've found interesting. Audrey is the first friend that Ellie has made who hasn't simply always been around. She's the first friend OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL that Ellie has met.
At the beginning, they would dance around each other and bounce on balls and have lots of giggles and chasing going on, but ask them to give each other a hug good bye and the most you'd get from them is knuckles. But sure enough, Ellie would be asking to play with Audrey again the very next day.
It has been over 6 months now and I feel like the girls have really started to find their niche with each other. And the more activities we do with Audrey, the more I love seeing their friendship blossom.
Watching my daughter develop friendships and have adventures with her friends is definitely an aspect of parenting that I never thought I'd enjoy as much as I do.
So who is this Audrey girl? How do we know her? I suppose I could say... You know that one guy in manufacturing? Well, she's his girlfriend's ex-husband's old friend's ex-girlfriend's son's sister. It's complicated. Or maybe it's not as complicated as I make it sound and I'm just trying to mess with you. Ok, ok. Audrey happens to be my sister's boyfriend's daughter and we have really enjoyed our time with her and her family. Regardless, I think these two have great potential of being very close to each other in the future. And I can't wait to sit back and watch the show!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these two!