Pages

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Ellie's Art III

It's been a while since I posted anything that Ellie and I have drawn together, but I figured you'd still enjoy it. This bee makes me laugh because Ellie insisted that it needed polka dots as well as stripes. Then she laughed because she knew she was being silly. She drew everything - the bee, stripes, head, antenna, eyes, wings. I colored it in while she gave the bee the appropriate dots.

I am particularly proud of Ellie's Dora (from Dora, the Explorer). Again, I instructed her on what to draw and this is the result (I colored it in). Note Dora even has her purple backpack. And I have to laugh at her hands... I guess we need to practice our fingers a little more. And the eyes make me laugh. I have noticed, though, that since drawing Dora, Ellie's eyes tend to be more equal in size. I wonder if this was the drawing that made her realize what she was doing wrong.

Flowers for Gramma. Ellie drew everything and I helped her color them in. She's getting really good at anything that requires the Niffer patented "whoop-whoop" sound (i.e. the petals).

A penguin that Daddy helped her draw. I believe she drew everything (though I'm not positive about the beak). She also colored it in herself. Note the eyes are the same size!

Ellie's dragon makes me smile too. She wanted to draw a dragon with fire coming out of its mouth (this girl has high expectations for her Mommy's drawing capability). She drew everything (the dragon, hands, legs, claws, scales, wings and fire). I colored it in.

I love this one. Ellie drew a rainbow for Daddy and had absolutely NO HELP from me. I love that it's even in the shape of a rainbow and has lots of different colors. She's getting good. Real good.

Hehehe... our spiders for Nana. Ellie wanted to paint her hand prints so we made spiders. One is happy; one is sad; and one is surprised (she did all the work). Ellie learned that spiders have only eight legs, four on each side... so we only needed four fingers (the thumb is missing). I love how proud she looks when she understands new concepts like that.

And since painting hand prints is so much fun we made butterflies for Gramma. Again, she did all the work.

I think I'm going to need to get a place to start hanging these things... my own art gallery, so to speak.

7 comments:

Char said...

She is really good!!!

Niffer said...

Thanks Char! I love drawing with her and was surprised as how much she could do. I tell her what to do... for example, "first we need a circle for the head... can you draw a circle about this size?" or "Now we need a straight line from here to here." But I'm impressed that she's able to put it all together. She loves it when I can show her how to draw complicated (yes, even by my own standards) pictures.

Char said...

I think it's amazing for a 3 year old and also for a child that would even be older...she is a little artist :)

Jaeme said...

I like the bee but i think it looks like a fish swimming!

Nana said...

This is totally awesome! Gives me some great ideas for what we might be able to do together.

Angie said...

I think she's really good, too. I have always loved children's art. I hope she doesn't get too good too fast . . . . .

Niffer said...

Thank you all for your compliments. I'm torn on whether to accept them as is or say something. As great as these photos are, Ellie doesn't get the credit for CREATING them. Does that make sense? She does the work but it's me telling what to do. I think she'd be way ahead for her age if she actually came up with them all by herself. Regardless, it's fun. I hope she doesn't get tired of it.