Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shrek is sad

While listening to the Hallelujah (from the Shrek movie) on my newly beloved CD from Aunt Erin, Ellie asked me why Shrek was sad.

Mommy: He's sad because Fiona is going to marry another prince.
Ellie: Does Shrek love Fiona? And he's sad?
Mommy: Yeah, he loves her but is sad because he doesn't think she loves him back.
Ellie: But why? Why is Shrek sad?
Mommy: Hmmm... Mommy loves Daddy very much but if I ever thought he didn't love me back, I would be very very sad.
Ellie: Yeah! Yeah! And if you love Daddy and Daddy loves you back, but if he didn't love me, den it would be REE-AH REE-AH REE-AH sad! Right, Mommy?
Mommy: Right. It's a good thing we don't have to worry about that, though.
Ellie: Yeah because Daddy loves us very much and because Fiona loves Shrek back and dey will get married. Shrek will say "Stop da wedding! And he will kiss Fiona and dey will be married and he will know dat she loves him. Just like we know dat Daddy loves us. Right Mommy?

The next song on the CD is "I'm a Believer" (also from the Shrek movie)...

Ellie: See, Mommy? I told you!
Mommy: What's that?
Ellie: See? Shrek is happy now! Dis song is when dey are married and he has his princess now. See?
Mommy: Oh good.
Ellie: Yeah. REE-AH good.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Tears in my eyes, love in my heart!