Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Believe

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland... my favorite! My already high levels of Christmas Spirit were heightened even more. Then I was brought to tears.

This story is to blame. The thought that there are so many children writing letters to Santa, asking for clothes instead of toys, sometimes for a different family member, not even themselves... It's heart-breaking. And what's worse... The increase number of letters written by parents asking for the same. Parents writing to Santa.

I'm going to help. I have to help. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: Very frustrating. Apparently because of a s.e.x. offender incident in MD, the post office is no longer allowed to give out information about children. Only a couple dozen locations, none of which are in CO, go through the effort to assign codes to the children so that "Santa" doesn't have actual information on them. And go figure, "Santa" has to arrive in person to pick out a letter. So I can't help from afar.

Bummer. I know there are other similar options out there, of which I may still help, but I was REALLY looking forward to responding to an ACTUAL letter to Santa. Sigh.

No comments: