Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Poop attack of December 2010

I can't seem to find a post about it, but I recall the Diaper Explosion of May 2007...

It was a warm spring morning and I was entertaining a friend in town. We stopped to nurse Baby Ellie in the car before heading to our next destination. Baby Ellie pooped as she often did when feeding. I didn't think much of it and waited until she finished eating. When I finally did see the damage, it was EVERYWHERE. Not only did it escape her diaper and clothese, the mess was all over the back seat and all over my pants. I had never seen anything like it.

I spent a lot of time cleaning it up and trying to pretend like it was no big deal (I didn't want to scare my friend away from parenthood) and we went off to pick up Daddy from work. When he got in the car he asked why the baby was naked in her carseat. I responded with "Don't ask." Once we got home, I quickly headed upstairs to change my pants. Michael noticed and tried to warn me. It looked as though it was ME who messed my pants. Oh. My. God. It was the nastiest experience EVER.

Until last night.

Daddy now holds the record for experiencing the nastiest thing ever. Ellie had to go potty and apparently Addie followed her into the bathroom. When she came back out she was smacking her lips. "Maybe she ate some toilet paper" Ellie suggests. Upon further inspection Daddy found poop smeared EVERYWHERE in the bathroom. It was on the door, cabinets, floor... everywhere. The problem? Apparently Addie's diaper wasn't put on well and it fell through her pants. And as any toddler would do, she was curious about the substance. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

4 comments:

Henri said...

The sequel is always worse than the original.

Dana said...

I remember your Ellie story from 07. Pretty wild about Addie.

Angie said...

OMG ON BOTH STORIES

Jason H. said...

these stories make me shutter...