Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Gramma

I would have to say that one of the best surprises about parenthood is watching my children grow their relationships with their grandparents. Maybe it's because she's my own mother, but their relationship with Gramma strikes me as an amazing bond. I knew that she would love being a Gramma, but I had no idea how much they would love her in return. And boy do they!

Gramma loves spending time with the girls and they are always anxious to spend more time with her. She calls them on the phone and has conversations with them. They often think to call her in return if they have a special announcement to make. It feels like Gramma is always volunteering to spend more and more time with the girls and they would go in a heart beat if it weren't for the fact that Mommy and Daddy miss them so much when they're gone.

Gramma's time with the girls is filled with just "being together" time. As long as they're together, they're happy. Whether it be planting flowers and strawberries in the garden or cooking in the kitchen, as long as they're spending time together they are happy. Very happy.

I love watching the girls' faces light up when Gramma walks into the room. I love how they think their full names include "Gabble Gobble" at the end - a Gramma's inclusion. I love that they come back singing songs like Annie's Song (aka "Gramma's song").

All in all, the girls are quite lucky to have as many grandparents as they do. They are so loved, which is good because they have so much love to give in return. It makes my heart sing to watch them grow their relationships with their grandparents - each slightly different than another, and each special in their own way.

No comments: