Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pappy & Grammy

My blog has never been intended to document every aspect of my children's lives. I use my blog to help me focus on the positive side of parenthood. It helps me to remember what makes my heart sing and toss aside any frustrations I may have. That being said, because there are so many aspects of my daughters' lives that don't get mentioned here, sometimes I have to remind myself to include a bit more than the "everyday." The grandparents are probably the best example of how I don't do due-diligence with my typical blogging style, yet I have loved the relationships my daughters have developed with them.

So... Here it goes.... In no particular order (well technically, in the order in which the photos were taken).... We'll start with Pappy & Grammy...

To say that we don't get to see these two often enough is an understatement. We typically get to see them once or twice a year, but we make the most of their short visits. Luckily for us, they're both going to retire soon so we anticipate seeing more of them.

As soon as Pappy and Grammie show up, the girls know it's a special day. They bring gifts. They bring candy. They bring pretty clothes and fancy dresses. Grammy buys them ballerina outfits and fun sparkly clothes. The girls get to have ice cream when they're in town. They get to climb up onto the couch and give Pappy and Grammy hugs. They love to read books with them.

I'm not sure what it is about Pappy and Grammy's visits that make them so special. Somehow they are able to turn even the common activities into wonderful fun adventures. There is no doubt that the girls know that they are loved dearly by these two.

Pappy has a way of whistling his loving affection to the girls. They just beam with pride whenever he shows how impressed he is with something they do. Grammy has a way of making them feel like princesses and talking about grown-up topics like fun clothes.

Pappy and Grammy live in a house on a lake and though we aren't able to see them this year, next year we look forward to visiting them. Both girls have been practicing their swimming because they're so excited to show Pappy and Grammy their talents. They strive to impress the special people in their lives, and Pappy and Grammy are definitely included on that list.

To say "we love you" just doesn't do any justice to the instant connection the girls feel the moment Pappy & Grammie walk into the room.

No comments: