Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I will miss you!

Today is Ellie's last day at Sunset Academy, the preschool/kindergarten that she has been going to for nearly 4 years now. This morning, while snuggling in bed with the girls, I asked her how she felt about it, expecting her to be a bit anxious and sad. She is super excited. Instead, it was Addie who broke down with the biggest tears I've seen in a long time.

Addie: But I'm going to miss her when she is gone! I yike to give my sissie a hug pretween kasses.
Ellie: Well I'm not gone yet! And today I am going to ask my teachers if I can go to your classroom lots of times to give you extra hugs. Would you like that?
Addie: Yeah! That would make me happy for today but I will miss you.
Ellie: I'm going to miss you too.
Addie: I love my sissie and I want to go to the same school as her because I will miss her.
Ellie: The good news is that we will still see each other at home and you will always be in my heart when we are at school.

.... and so on and so on... Poor Addie. Today is going to be a difficult day for her, but next Tuesday is going to be even more so.

No comments: