Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

The World According to Addie (3 years old)

Can she really be big enough for this type of post? Where does the time go? Seriously!!! If I had to sum up Addie in 3 or 4 things, they would be:
- Squeezes (aka Hugs)
- Singing
- Her "other house"
- Wearing dresses

Alas, it's never that simple is it? Here is the world according to our little snuggle bear. The answers and drawings are provided by Addie herself.

My name is ADD-YINE RWAIN VINCEN GABBLE-GOBBLE


I am TWEE AND HALF. SOON I AM AS BIG AS YORI-ELLE! MAYBE TOMORROW?

This is how I spell my name.


This is what I look like.

I have BWOND HAIR AND BWOWN EYES. I HAVE PINK HAIR AT MY ODDER HOUSE. I have a great big smile that melts the world. I am almost always smiling.


I love my mommy because I LIKE TO GIVE HER SQUEEZES. SHE LIKES TO SNUGGLE WIF ME.

I love my daddy because I LIKE TO GIVE HIM SQUEEZES. HE LIKES TO TICKO ME.


I LOVE MY SISSIE BECAUSE I LIKE TO GIVE HER SQUEEZES.


SHE LIKES TO PAY WIF ME AND SHE MAKES ME YAUGH ALL DA TIME.

My favorite toy is ALL OF DEM? I like to sleep with a different animal friend every night. Never the same one twice. Some of the more popular animals are my PEGASUSUS, unicorn and giraffe.

My favorite friends are JULIA AND BEH-YA (Bella)!!! I YIKE BEH-YA BECAUSE I LIKE TO GIVE HER SQUEEZES. I AM MISSING HER BECAUSE SHE IS IN A DIFFERENT CASS DEN ME BUT MAYBE TOMORROW I WILL BE BIG LIKE HER AND WE CAN RUN AND RUN! I YIKE JULIA BECAUSE SHE MAKES ME YAUGH AFTER BEING SO SI-YEE.

The best things about me are I AM GOOD AT GIVING SQUEEZES and AT MY ODDER HOUSE I CAN DO THAT!

I am good at...

... giving good squeezes...

(they always come with sound effects and great expressions of concentration.)

... singing...

No, I mean really good at singing...

In fact, I sing ALL the time!


My favorite color is PINK. AND PURPLE. I HAVE A PINK CAR AND A PURPLE BED AT MY ODDER HOUSE.

My favorite animal is GIRAFFES AND I LIKE BABY CARTWHEELS TOO! I HAVE A BABY CARTWHEEL AT MY ODDER HOUSE. IT'S ACT-SHELLY A BABY MICE NAMED CARTWHEEL. SHE GOES SWEAK SQUEAK AND LIKES TO HAVE HER EARS TICKLED. DO YOU WANT TO COME OVER TO MY HOUSE TO TICKLE MY MICE EARS?

My favorite song is THE BELLE SONG.

My favorite book is THE CIRCUS SHIP. CAN I COUNT DA AMINALS?

If I were a super hero, I would be PINK AND I WOULD WEAR A PINK CAPE BECAUSE I AM A GRRR-O. I WOULD FLY HIGH INTO THE SKY BECAUSE MY CAPE HAS MAGIC. I HAVE A MAGICAL CAPE AT MY ODDER HOUSE...

When I grow up I want to be A PWINCESS WIF RAINBOW HAIR. I HAVE RAINBOW HAIR AT MY ODDER HOUSE. WHEN I GROW UP I'm GONNA HAVE RAINBOW HAIR WIF RAINBOW PIGTAILS WITH RAINBOWS ON DEM! DO YOU WANT TO COME TO MY HOUSE TO HAVE RAINBOWS IN YOUR HAIR TOO?

My favorite place to visit is MY ODDER GWAMMA'S HOUSE. MY ODDER GWAMMA'S HOUSE IS PINK AND PURPLE AND MY ODDER GWAMMA HAS PINK AND PURPLE HAIR. SHE HAS A NEW PET. IT'S A PINK MONKEY! MY ODDER GWAMMA LIKES IT WHEN HER MONKEY WEARS HIS PINK AND PURPLE SHOES.

The most beautiful place I have ever visited is MY ODDER GWAMMA'S HOUSE. SHE LIVES NEXT TO DA WATER. THE OCEAN AT MY ODDER GWAMMA'S HOUSE IS PINK AND THE SKY IS PURPLE. I HAVE A PET FISH AT MY ODDER GWAMMA'S HOUSE! AND A PURPLE OCTAPUS.

If I could visit any place in the world I would go to PARIS TO SEE A PINK EIFFEL TOWER. I WOULD GO TO TA-WA-GON-DA TOO!

I would like to help the world by GIVING DEM A BIIIIIGGGG SQUEEZE. I'M RE-RE GOOD AT GIVING BIG SQUEEZES. DO YOU WANT TO SEE?

How many people are in the entire world? NINETEEN-SEVENTEEN!!!

How many people are in their houses right now? UH, I DON'T KNOW BUT I HAVE A PINK HOUSE AT MY ODDER HOUSE!

What we will remember most about Addie at this age is...
... most definitely your "other house." You have the most vivid imagination and are always talking about this magical perfect place you call "AT MY ODDER HOUSE." It's an entire world you've created in your head and it's filled with nothing but pink things, with a hint of purple every now and then. You talk about this place ALL the time. The best thing about this place is that it gives you the ability to do everything you wish you could do. Make Ellie happy with all the bunnies in the world? That can be done at your Other House. Give Mommy rainbow hair? Just come on over to her other house! Fly in the sky with wings of your own? No problem. You do it all the time at your other house. You tell us how you learned a new pink song at your other grandma's house. You have pink hair and a pink elephant and eat pink food and drink purple water. You have seen pink waterfalls for real, of course when we ask you where, we already know the answer. You like to invite us over to your other grandma's house all the time so that we can see the pink trees that you planted or the pink birds that are happy in the pink trees with purple leaves. No doubt, your imagination far exceeds any that we've ever seen before, and apparently you think (and probably dream) in pink.

But that's not all we will remember about you. You absolutely adore your big sister and are proud to be such a good little sister. You tell us that Ellie is lucky to have you and that you're lucky to have her. We agree. You seem to go out of your way to do whatever it takes to keep your sister happy, often giving up something you want knowing you'd rather have her happy than deal with her being upset at you. In fact, this is the norm for you. Nothing phases you. You are happy as long as everyone around you is happy. Nothing upsets you more than the thought of disappointing someone you love, but you're also quick to offer a good hug. Scratch that - a good SQUEEZE. You are SOOOO proud of your hugs that you will go up to a stranger and ask them "DO YOU WANT SOME OF DIS?" It's not until we explain that you're offering a hug that they know how to respond. And your hugs? You don't simply put your arms around the other person like 80% of the population does, nor do you simply squeeze like 19% of the population does. You have your own patented style, complete with full-blown sound effects. Mostly grunts, but it's quite apparent that you give it all your might. There is nothing that makes you more proud than your squeezes.

You also love to sing and sing all the time. ALL THE TIME. You amaze everyone who knows you with the level of songs you know the lyrics to, and it seems that even when all else is quiet, you're singing to yet another new song. You love to wear dresses, preferably with tights. If clean tights don't exist, then tight pants might suffice. Regular pants are only acceptable with a skirt on top, but you'd prefer to wear shorts under the skirt than pants. Not sure we'll ever understand your rationale.

You are a brave little girl who isn't phased by much, but you feed from the confidence that your sister has. If you're unsure about something, and Ellie says it's ok, then you believe her with all your heart. Problem solved. You are very confident and very silly. You love to make people around you laugh, and no doubt you are the source of many smiles and lots of laughter in our household.

You know how life works... when someone is feeling down, usually all it takes to put a smile back on their face is a good squeeze. Sometimes our most important place in the world is to make others feel loved.

1 comment:

Jen H said...

"Do you want some of dis". Yes, yes I do. =)