Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Self-Motivated Self-Discipline

Daddy had a talk with the girls the other night. They had spent the evening forgetting their manners. Daddy reassured them that they weren't in trouble. Ellie said "I know what you're doing. You're just expressing your concerns."

Anyway, what I found to be particularly interesting was Ellie's solution...
Ellie: Daddy, in the morning can I have a piece of paper and a pencil?
Daddy: Why?
Ellie: My friend, Sage, forgot her manners at school and the teacher had her write them down. I think I need to write my manners down on a piece of paper to remind me of what they are.

In the morning, she even reminded Daddy a few times to give her the paper and pencil. Then she ended up following it up with yet ANOTHER related activity. "I'm going to keep score! I'm going to keep track of how many times I can say "Please" and "Thank You" and "No Thanks" today!"

Daddy says he thinks she might have overheard Daddy encouraging Addie with "I bet you could say Please 100 times today!"

Apparently Ellie accepted that challenge.

No comments: