Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

Preparing for Paris

To help get the family into the right mode for our upcoming trip to Paris, we decided to take French lessons. The girls really enjoy the classes and the teacher seems to think they have a natural talent for languages. I hope so. I would love to have them know at least one other language. We'll be continuing taking classes because I happen to think it's in important skill to have. Some day maybe we'll be able to speak French together, like a secret language of sorts.

As for me, I had completely forgotten how much I enjoy speaking French. I love it. It's been quite some time since I've spoken, but my understanding is decent. The speaking is slow, but with more practice that will improve. I think I like it so much that I'll continue lessons of some sort even after our trip.

As the trip approaches, it made me smile to stumble upon this gem. Addie drew about her excitement for our trip to Paris. She included the things she's most excited about - The Eiffel Tower and the bear she will find on Bussi Island. You may be wondering what Bussi Island is. Stay tuned...

No comments: