Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A bed for all occasions*


Our baby is going to have so many beds that it's almost pathetic. First, we have the obvious... the crib. Every baby needs a crib, so this one should come as no surprise.


Second, we have the baby basket. This is actually the same basket that I slept in when I was a baby, so it means a lot to me that we use it for our little one. This basket has been through a lot, though, and needed to be mended. The bedding is different than when I used it, but that's because the original bedding had been through a lot (my cat had kittens in this basket too!).




And last but definitely not least is the cradle. How beautiful is that? My mom and her husband made it a year or so ago for his first grandson. Since then, they have decided to pass it around to all the grand babies (a plaque on the back names all the babies who have used it). Little do they know that I might just like it enough to keep it all to myself! Maybe once my baby is too big for it, I can hide it somewhere so that no one can threaten to steal it from me just because they feel the need to have another baby. =)

So where do we put all these beds? Most likely the crib will be in the nursery. Duh. The basket will be in our bedroom. And the cradle will be in the living room. That way the baby is free to sleep where ever and whenever she chooses. We want to encourage sleep, you know!


* I have been wanting to write this post for a long time, ever since I got pictures of the cradle from my mom. Impressed that I waited to get pictures of the other two? I am! Please, please, no applause. Just throw money. =)

No comments: