Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Original Due Date

Most due dates are determined based off of the last day of your last menstrual cycle. I don't think many people know this, but my original due date was April 10th. And for those not-so-observant people... yes, that's today.

They pushed our due date off because when we went in for our first appointment and had our first ultrasound, the size of the baby indicated a due date much later than the original one (by 11 days, of course).

But it's strange to think that today could be my due date. I doubt that it is (not that the due date really means anything anyway), though, because I tend to be a couple weeks behind all the updates I read about or hear about from friends due around the same time as myself. And that's even taking into account the later due date.

So if things progress the way the rest of my pregnancy has, the baby will come after my due date of April 21. Or, maybe after my original due date of April 10th. Hmm... Interesting... At least we're packed for the hospital!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope baby Niffer comes out at least by the end of May, because I am coming to visit and I must see the new babe :)
-Jenny

Niffer said...

Last night Michael joked about jiggling my tummy after the baby is born and singing "let's do the twist" at the same time.... to which I threatened that I will keep the baby inside me unless he promises not to do that. =) Alas, I think he called my bluff... the baby is bound to come sometime soon.

I'm excited that you're coming to visit! Yay!

j said...

Your baby is due on the day my sister was born!

Niffer said...

Which probably means they won't share a birthday. Lol... it's quite surprising how little the due date really means. Did you know only 5% of babies are born on their due-dates?