Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

Niffer Tsunami

I am a huge fan of a nice hot bath. In fact, I prefer baths over showers. I think that might be one of the things I miss most since becoming pregnant. Though I can take a bath, I can not have the water as hot as I'd like.

Anyway, this results in me taking more showers than I normally do (hehehe... doesn't that sound like I'm normally a nasty, dirty person?), but the other day I did find myself taking a relaxing warm bath. Mmmm... Niffer soup.

You know how they say that natural disasters can come as a surprise? Apparently it's been a while since I've taken a bath. When I pushed myself out of the water to sit after washing my hair, that's when it hit! It was all in slow motion like you see on TV. As I sat up, I could see a huge swell of water form and as I watched it approach the bathtub shoreline, I just barely had enough time to think "Oh $#!+" before disaster struck.

You'll be relieved to hear that the cats made it out safely, with only minor emotional damage due to being cold and wet. However, the dust-mites were not so lucky. Poor Dust-Mites. There wasn't enough time to warn them. I don't know the death toll, but I'm sure it's in the millions. Poor Dust-Mites. They never had a chance.

A moment of silence in their memory...

No comments: