Pages

Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Rambling

I'm going to ramble on about my weekend, so please excuse me if it ends up being really long without being witty or exciting for you to read.

As you might have gathered, the number of weekends we have left before out lives change forever are very limited. Because of this, Michael and I have tried to do something we really enjoy doing every weekend. We've also been very productive trying to get our "to do" list done.


Saturday marked the day that officially my baby is considered "full term" and what better way to celebrate than practically insisting on going to see the cherry blossoms because I LOVE THEM!!! Michael said that this last weekend would be the last one that he would feel comfortable venturing "so far" from home. His argument had something to do with not wanting me to go into labor on the metro. Where's the fun in that?

The cherry blossoms were spectacular and the kite festival was fun too. The weather was perfect. We even had a picnic!


As far as how well the pregnancy mixes in with cherry blossoms goes, here is a summary:

1. Pregnant women do not get harassed as much for using a restroom in a cafe without buying anything.

2. Pregnant women can not stop to ask for directions, offer to take some one's picture, ask someone to take a picture, pick a toy up off the ground for a mother, or sit or stand next to anyone else without them striking up a conversation of "Oh, when is the baby due? Three weeks?! Why are you still walking around!?"

3. Pregnant women bring out the friendly side in complete strangers.

4. Everyone is always so happy for a pregnant woman and always want the best for them (of course, that is the polite way to go).

5. Much to my disappointment, pregnant women do not get preference while standing in line for the restroom. Come on people!? I know my bladder is smaller than yours!

But all in all, the day was fabulous. We got a few great pictures with Niffer and cherry trees, but the fun didn't stop there!


After cherry blossoms, we met some friends at a really pretty garden so that they could help us take more tummy shots. I even bought a cute sun dress for the special occasion! (by the way, next time I want to be pregnant for more of the spring season because the clothes are all so cute!)


I don't have any of the pictures my friend took (with both Michael and I), but I know we ended up with some great ones with us in front of the daffodils (I'll have to post them later). And man were the daffodils beautiful!

Life is good.

I don't think Saturday could have been any better. I even got a foot massage when we got home!

Sunday was a good day too, but only because it was another productive day. Michael worked on power washing the deck and I started packing for the hospital and doing baby laundry. Somehow I ended up with a purple crib sheet. It was white when I put it into the laundry and definitely purple when it came out. This was particularly strange when you consider the fact that everything in the load was yellow or white. Anyway, I decided to try to bleach it back to white and ended up with a pink crib sheet. Michael tried to make me feel better by suggesting that it's a sign of things to come. I hope he wasn't referring to years of embarrassing my son by turning all his socks pink.

Sigh. Oh well. I hope your weekend was as nice as mine!

No comments: