Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Approaching Hairline


I know that as all parents are, we are probably biased on how cute we think our little peanut is. However, I'd like to think that I can be somewhat objective and take a step back to evaluate her cuteness factor from the eyes of someone else. In doing so, I do believe that Ellie was absolutely adorable in the first few weeks. She was so small and kept getting so many comments from strangers at stores that I'm sure she would have fallen into the "cute" category even by the strangest of strangers.

However, the other day I happened to notice that my baby is now bald. Or at least she is on top of her head. I was quite shocked because it seemed to happen without me noticing. But one day, I was taking pictures of her and was thinking that it was even more difficult to take a cute picture of a cute baby than normal (you'd be surprised at how difficult it is to get a cute picture of a little baby unless she's sleeping, no matter how adorable she is). Anyway, in going back through the pictures, indeed she once had hair on top of that head of hers.

Poor little girl. She looks like Jean Luke Picard, but I am holding out hope. I like to think that instead of it being a case of a receding hairline, it's actually an approaching one because that would mean it's growing back in instead of still falling out. Only time and more pictures will tell, though. In the meantime, I have to question my certainty on having a super-cute baby, even by baby standards. =)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I think that trying to get a good picture only gets worse as they get older. Digital cameras are such a wonderful thing!

Niffer said...

I've heard such things and since I'm constantly looking for scrapbooking ideas, I come across some very cute pictures that I'd like to duplicate. However, there are many times when I wonder "just how on Earth did you get that child to pose for that picture?!"