Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

Pig is the same as porker, right?

It's been said that Baby Vincent is a pig, but I'm really starting to fear that it may be true!

I think she may just be a porker! My little girl was born so small that everyone was calling her Peanut. She was adorable.

And now she's over a month old! Can you believe that??? Yesterday was her 1-month birthday. UGH! Tomorrow she'll be going to kindergarten!!!

Ok... back to the point... Point is this - She was born so small, but I fear she is no longer small at all. According to my bathroom scale, she weighs 9 pounds! Dang, girl!

To confirm things even more, there are a couple babies at the support group who were born on the same day as Ellie. One girl was born at 8 pounds and a boy was born at 7.5 pounds. Both are the same size, if not smaller than my Ellie.

Don't get me wrong, she's still adorable, and I love her poofy cheeks, but I don't want a fat baby! I've seen pictures of Michael when he was a super chubby baby, and let's just say that I prefer my baby pictures!

Having said that, she's so gosh darn cute!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love the chubby baby stage. Chubby babies always make me think of happy babies. (And then they start thinning out and "boo hoo I think I'm sad but distract me and I'm immediately happy again" is forever lost to "you did that and it pissed me off and I'm never going to forget it!") And those thighs! Rolls of thighs!

If I remember correctly, babies double their birth weight in the first 4 to 6 months, and triple it by a year. It sounds like she's doing really well!

Don't fear. We always noticed that the Cracker would grow in only one direction at a time. One minute the pants are too long and too tight, the next falling off they're so loose, and then just right. Up and out, up and out. It always amazed me how one pair of pants could go from outgrown to too big.

If it makes you feel any better, I've just consulted our baby book and the Cracker was 7lbs 12oz/21" at birth and 15lbs 4oz/26" at 4 months. At 4 years he's a super slim duper 34lbs. (J's genes there, NOT mine.) Seems like just yesterday that I was cleaning under his 3 chins. =)