Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Here, carry these...

Last night we attempted our third bottle feeding. The first two went relatively well, other than the fact that it seemed like we were drowning our poor little baby. The third session was the opposite. We think that she got a couple of huge air bubbles into her tummy and just couldn't get past it. The end result was that she was more upset than we have ever seen her. You know those toys that bounce, jiggle and vibrate around on the floor? Imagine a doll version of that, add a finely pitched scream, and you have Ellie.

The poor baby screamed and shook so violently that she ended up passing out due to exhaustion. She never really ate, though it did take stuffing her to my breast to get her to calm down.

This morning I woke up, and stood to use the bathroom. Damn! My breasts were heavy! I ended up carrying them to the bathroom because I was afraid they'd fall off! What a strange sensation that was!

As an update, Ellie was able to have a nice big (and calm) breakfast this morning, so my breasts are back to normal. Hopefully the next bottle will be better.

No comments: