Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

Blog Envy

Every now and then someone I know tells me about a blog that someone they know writes. And every now and then I check it out and find that the person two or three degrees of separation from me is quite funny. An example would be www.amalah.com. After reading a few her posts, I've decided I liked her, but I couldn't help but notice something. Go take a look.

Look at all the comments! How do you get from being a blog-no-body to a blog-somebody? 12 comments! 58 comments! 89 comments! WOW! Ok... that post deserved 89 comments because those were some funny pictures, but still... I feel like I just can't compete with that level of humor.

It would be great to get comments to know that people read my blog. As it is, I just have to assume that the few people I have heard read it are still out there and still checking in. I'd like to think I'm funny every now and then and it would be nice to know that people think my silly little site is at least worth the 2 minutes a day to read.

89 comments! WOW.

But do I care? I find myself wondering why I write. I wonder if it's replacing my need to write poetry as my form of medicine. I wonder if I do it out of some silly sense of obligation.

In the end, I always come to the same conclusion. There is one reason I write. And maybe someday she will know how much I enjoy her being in my life.*


* Ok, that was cheesy and I did steal the idea of putting the picture in the post, but I like it. Maybe I should post more relevant pictures? Hmm... that could get ugly. I already take too many pictures as it is.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to guilt trip us, Jen. :) I read your blog faithfully every day before work and have really enjoyed it. Beautiful picture!

Cheryl

Niffer said...

I know I have a few faithful readers and I love you all for it. But it boggles my mind how someone can get that many comments! It's just crazy.

I love this picture! We went to the Pearl Street Mall last weekend to try to take pictures of her in the tullips and luckily she was in a much better mood than the weekend before. We got some good ones of her with us too! Maybe I should start trying to post pictures like more often.

Unknown said...

here's another comment for you! i read!! and love!! :) joey

Anonymous said...

Yeah, definitely do post more pictures. I read faithfully, and the new pictures are a bonus! I'm so glad you got some pictures by the tulips like you wanted. Gorgeous!

Jen

Andree said...

Hey Kiddo!

I read your blog when I can...about 3 times a week! While I don't publish comments, your words remind me of when Trevor was just a wee one. They always pick the stuffy that is the least appealing. Watch her drag it with her to college!

I think you are articulate and amusing! Don't be discouraged!

loveya,

andree

Niffer said...

More pictures it is... I'll try to add that to my list of goals. Pictures are fun, and I'm fortunate to have the cutest little girl EVER, so why not show her off?

Niffer said...

No discouragement here... just utter amazement at this other person's blog. I'm glad to know you're reading, though! Hi!

Anonymous said...

ha. I'm a faithful reader too. I completely relate, I don't even get comments from my mom on my blog, and she's probably the only person who reads it! lol

About Amalah, I heard about her in the Washington Post, her readership soared after she was featured. That's how to get popular I guess?

I ask the same questions, why do I write. Mostly for me. I'm finding it helps me remember the days. Your reason is even better, someday you will share this with little Ellie and she will know how much she's loved. :)

Niffer said...

Hahaha... at least your mom reads your blog! I have the problem where my mom complains that I don't keep her updated on the daily things and I respond with "I posted it on my blog." I think that should give me partial credit.

Niffer said...

Hahaha... at least your mom reads your blog! I have the problem where my mom complains that I don't keep her updated on the daily things and I respond with "I posted it on my blog." I think that should give me partial credit.

Anonymous said...

I definitely check in every day.I think you, Ellie, and Michael are great. I just wish you were back in Maryland :)

Niffer said...

Ah shucks, thanks! Maybe you, your sister, my sister and I should all move to the same place! It's too bad that no matter where you choose to live, you always have to be away from a few great people!

Anonymous said...

No! I claim your family for Colorado! You've been gone from us long enough. =)

Jen

Niffer said...

I guess that settles it then... I am making a declaration now... ALL THOSE WHO I LOVE, OR WANT TO BE LOVED BY ME, MOVE TO THE BOULDER AREA ASAP!!! Problem solved. =)

Anonymous said...

your mopm does read your blog....I just don't comment :)

Niffer said...

It makes me happy that you read! Yay! Yay!