Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Snuggle Bug

Sometimes I wish my baby was more snuggly. I know babies are all different, but Ellie certainly does not fall into the category of Snuggle Bug. The only times she really wants to cuddle is if she's feeling sick, and occasional moments here and there. In fact, I try to hold her and rock to her while singing during her bed time, but as soon as I start, she practically climbs into bed herself.

There are definitely worse problems a parent can have than an infant, make that toddler, who puts herself to sleep!

But last night I was lonely. Michael has gone to San Antonio for work and will be gone for a couple of days. For some reason I felt a strong urge to pull Ellie out of her bed and bring her into mine. If it weren't for the fact that the sun comes through our window so early...

What do you think I ended up doing? I hate to admit it, but yes... You guessed correct. I ended up going into her bedroom multiple times to watch her sleep, and I brought Bun-Bun to bed with me. Hey! No laughing. Bun-Bun isn't affected like Ellie is by the early rising sun coming through my bedroom! And she's super soft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! My dog is like this too, not much of a snuggler. For him, I think it's nature & nurture, having found him in unusual circumstances.

But with Ellie, I bet it's a sign that she's extremely healthy and independent, she doesn't need to cling to anyone because she feels safe & loved. Probably is a sign that you're doing a great job. Adorable pix, btw, I love the one where her head is tilted toward the camera. Such a pretty smile! Wow you can tell she is getting big.