Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boob warning

I apologize for not writing much lately but only one thing has been on my mind. It has now been 7 days since I quit breastfeeding and I am still in semi-major discomfort. Here is a partial list of some of the things that have crossed my mind in the last week.

- Ouch.
- How is it possible that I am being elbowed by my own elbows?
- I wonder what my boobs are thinking right now... Where is my baby! Give her back, she's hungry; I know it!
- Hey, stranger, who "innocently" rubbed up against me... DON'T MESS WITH ME!!!
- I wonder what my coworkers would think if I started massaging my breasts during this meeting.
- Beautiful weather, wonderful hike... Hey, doesn't everyone hold their boobs while hiking? It's a bumpy path!
- What are the boobs thinking now... If I store milk here, would Baby find it? What about here? No? Then here? Oh! What about up by the shoulder? Maybe around towards the back a little?
- Ahhh... nice hot bath.
- It would be horrible to have to go through this sort of withdrawal because of the death of a baby (enter 5 minute crying session here).
- Step away from the boobs.
- Hands off.
- That means you, too, Ellie.
- What the boobs! No, silly. Don't WATCH the boobs. Just watch out for them.
- Ahhhh.... nice hot bath.
- I wonder if I could still breast feed now. Would it make the pain all go away?
- Don't do it, Jen! Stay strong!
- Does Ellie remember breast feeding?
- Mmmmm.... would you like one or two lumps with your milk?
- Ugh.
- I'm done with this.
- Ok. Enough. Really. It's enough.
- Hey! Are you two listening? ENOUGH!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Add that to the long list of things I never thought about concerning pregnancy/motherhood. Scary.

Jen

Niffer said...

Try not to worry about it so much... All the "bad" things I've never thought about seem to be hidden behind all the good things I've never considered. Like this week (Let's call it Boob Week), Ellie has figured out how to sit on chairs - only she climbs up and stands on the chair only to turn around and sit down. Hmmm... I never thought about having to teach her how to sit on a chair and it's adorable.

Anonymous said...

LOL: "I wonder what my coworkers would think if I started massaging my breasts during this meeting."

I thought some variation of that (ie: scratching) when I was recovering from incredibly itchy chigger bites in awkward places!

Niffer said...

I know I think things like that often enough that I even start to wonder what similar thoughts my coworkers are having. It can become an entertaining cycle if you need to stay awake during a boring meeting or something. =)