Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

A fond farewell

I have two friends who came into my life soon after I got pregnant. Though I did not think I needed a lift, they helped to boost my self-esteem. I think that I actually became more popular because they hung out with me. Coworkers seemed to notice me more.

But my friends weren't just awesome in the social scene, they were awesome at home too! When it came time for the baby to come, boy did they step up to help! If the baby cried, it seemed that my friends were the first to react. At times I know they were able to calm the baby down better than I was able to do myself. And though I certainly appreciated their help, I couldn't help but wonder how I was going to be able to keep my baby happy without them around.

I knew the day would come when I would have to say good bye to my two friends, but I do appreciate them staying around as long as they have. It has been a fun year and a half with them in my life. Maybe they'll be willing to drop in and lend a helping hand when it comes time for us to add to our family, but until then I will just say this much:

Ellie will miss you. I will miss you. Michael will probably miss you the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen, I don't know what to say. I'm.... sorry for your loss?

But I have to say that I don't think your friends made me see you or treat you any differently. And I can't say I'll miss them.

My condolences to you, Michael, and Ellie.

Jen

Niffer said...

lol... Thanks, Jen. I'm glad that I have friends like you, who are able to look past appearances and see people for who they really are. =)