Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Photo Contest

A friend of mine was responsible for originally showing me the pink octopus costume that Ellie wore last Halloween. She emailed me today with a link to the latest and greatest costumes. I know it's early, but if you want the best, you need to order quickly. Or so she says.

Anyway, upon looking at this year's options for costumes, I came across a photo contest for Halloween pictures. I took a look at some of the entries and thought that my octopus was much cuter. My octopus could kick that lion's @$$!

Anyway, a long thought process ended up with this question:
Is it weird for me to think that it would be fun to enter pictures of Ellie into contests? Should I? If I do, would it hurt my feelings if she's not picked? If I were to do such a thing, and assume it was a normal "cute picture" contest, which pictures are cute even from an unbiased point of view?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's weird to think that it would be fun to try. Ellie is adorable! I can't imagine that you don't have a good shot on other people thinking so too.

It would be hard for me though, to deal with rejection. This kind of thing can be so subjective, and what if the winner is the editor's kid, or something like that? Who knows. It couldn't hurt to try though, and if it's really disappointing, you can chalk it up to chance and say it was a learning experience either to cope with disappointment or just have fun with it with no expectations.

Niffer said...

Thank you for your vote of confidence, and if I do enter a picture and she doesn't win, then the only reason must be that the winner is the editor's kid, just like you said. There would be no other explaination. LOL.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to do this. I just have to decide which pictures are the best (difficult for me because I'm biased from the story behind them) and find some time to enter a contest or two. But I think it may be fun to see what the results would be.