Pages

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Belated Halloween

You all know that I was nervous about being able to get cute pictures of Ellie for Halloween. My problem was that she hated her costume. Well I showed her!

Actually, it went pretty well all in all. I showed up at daycare with her costume and she was quite upset that everyone else had a costume and she didn't. She had been spending the last 20 minutes walking up to random costumes, pointing and crying "Mine!" Poor little girl.

Once she saw the costume that Mommy brought for her, she got more upset. She wanted a super soft fluffy costume. It only took one or two pieces of candy to convince her to give the fairy a try, but she did not want to leave Bun Bun alone!

There was no way I was going to have Bun Bun in my cute fairy pictures! So Mommy came up with a brilliant idea! She put Bun Bun into Ellie's trick-or-treat bag. Brilliant! Ellie proceeded to participate in the trick-or-treating, and everyone was surprised that she knew how the whole thing worked. Little did they know that she wasn't holding her bag up for candy. She was holding it up to show them the bunny hiding inside!

In the end, I think I got some damn-cute pictures! Check them out in my album to the right.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! She suddenly looks much more mature! (And I love the barrette...I can't wait for Ollie to have enough hair to wear barrettes!) You got some great shots!

Niffer said...

No! No maturity allowed here! She can worry about being mature when she's older!

I love barrettes too. If only she'd still let me put them in her hair! The problem now is that she keeps taking them out to look at them, and then wants them back in. I think I put her hair in a ponytail 10 times in a single morning this weekend, and still ended up with her hair down by nap time. But I am super-excited that her hair is finally getting to the point where I can do something to it, even if it's just to make her look like Pebbles!